Pages

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Surprise Part 3

So.. Where were we??

Ahhh.. The parking lot.. It was the parking lot in front of my mother-in-law's office!!!


As soon as we parked out car I started looking out for her car, but was nowhere to be found. I did get the "info." that she was in the office from my "source" a.k.a "hubby". I thought she must have come with someone today.. I inquired about where she was sitting from the security guard outside...
She was sitting right in front of me... She could see me... It's a glass door... I said and hurriedly handed the camera to my friend to take a pic.

She saw me through the glass door.. got up from the seat and sat again a couple of times.. as she could not decide whether or not it was me!! As soon as i said "hello.. mumma..." Her eyes widened and she said... "LOOK!! LOOK!! EVERYONE IT'S MEHAK.. MEHAK IS HERE" on top of her voice and everyone's eyes were fixed onto me.. she hugged me as if to never let go.. It was such a memorable moment. She was in "shock" good shock i guess *chuckle*.. She still couldn't believe her eyes and I thought to myself  "YAY!! My surprise is working". This was just the beginning of the many surprises or should I say many surprised people..

MIL immediately took leave from the office and took me home to a more surprised Grandmother and our very loved housekeeper.. The welcome was beautiful with a little prayer and eating of "Meetha" (sweet).. Well.. we had no time to sit and talk as there were other people who did not know about me being in India like my MOM!!




Before moving forward let me tell you a little background story my parent's and my in-laws home is just 2 mins away.. and before coming to India I told everyone that Me and hubby were going for a connference to SF so as to omit any kind of suspicions..

Back to the topic.. So we took our car to meet mom..I asked MIL to go in first and sit in the living roomrather than the bedroom as the front gate is in direct vision from there.. I waited in the car for about 10 minutes before I made my move to surprise her.. mom was in the kitchen when I came in.. I stood by the kitchen door waiting for her to notice me and as soon as she did.... She just stood there.. right by the refrigerator just wondering, "Where did I come from?".. and then I said.. Hi Mum... and she gave me the tightest and warmest hug ever... I just could not control my laughter... Well, usually in these cases happy tears come out but this time it was overcome by laughter. My brother was also at home and came out of his room asking "IS THIS YOUR SF??" and we started laughing and giggling again... ahhhh... memories...




We sat, chatted, I started telling them stories about my trip when both my MOTHERS shutted me up saying "Let us beleive first that you are here, we'll listen to your stories later"...hah

Well we again got ready to surprise some more people... stay tuned for some more exciting tales.....

In my next post : book review for may... before continuing the tale...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!! :)