Pages

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Monday, February 18, 2013

Weekend Edition XIV : Blessed

Blessed...

Sitting here in my living room I can't help but think how blessed I am to have a husband who care and loves me the way he does... This weekend was truly the most memorable Valentine's Weekend for me.. not that I need a day to express my love or for that matter his love for me.. but what's the harm in celebrating the Day of Love.. right!!!

We had nothing planned for the day.. as we wanted to keep in low and thought we'll cook dinner together and enjoy by watching a movie... I had already bought hubby his Valentine's Day present.. "A recliner" which he wanted to buy from the moment we started buying our furniture for the apartment...

So I just put a big red bow on it on Valentine's Day.. hahaha


I decorated the whole house with Hearts, Bows and Ribbons!!! Made it all myself!! :)


But hubby made the Day special for me by getting me a new coffee maker ( I broke the last one.. if you follow me on instagram you must be knowing about it)..


My Coffee Maker!!!


 he got my laptop fixed , he got champagne and instead of getting cut flowers he got a beautiful planted tulip (Tulips are my favorite) (he knows I get sad when the flowers die..)

Champagne , My favorite Tulips and not to forget the thin mint girl scout cookies which hubby ordered a week ago
cause he knows I love them!!!



 and I was just in awe... I just couldn't help but smile ear to ear and to top it all he suggested we do our workout (which is rare or I should say never happened before) and order in Chinese.. We finally found a perfect chinese delivery place near our place!!

I've already got my treasure!!!

We enjoyed having our yummy dinner and watching movies!! This was not the end but the starting of our Valentine weekend...

The next day he asked me to pack our bags for 2 days as we were going out and on asking he said it was a surprise... Well I do love surprises...

Beautiful windmills on the way...




I just hoped into the car and enjoyed the way.. taking pics of beautiful landscapes, windmills till we reached a sign board that said Napa and I finally asked hubby Are we going to Napa Valley??? For which he shrugged his shoulders and said "may be"!!! and that was all he had to say.. We went for an amazing Winery tour and Wine tasting!! I just loved it..


The Winery where we took our tour....

My Hero!!!


Wine Tasting!!


Wine being stored in Oak Barrels!!

Huge 3 storeyed barrels!



We had lunch in the town of St. Helena at an italian place.. The sandwich was sooooooo yummy!!!

The Italian place!!! Get their Grilled Chicken sandwich...

If you ever visit St. Helena do find this place.. St. Helena is an amazing place.. with beautiful small shops lining the road.. Restaurants with seating on the pavements.. it had that old vintagy feeling to it!!!


I wish I could have spent a little more time there to explore all the beautiful shops!!!


We did not stay there that night.. We headed on to Sunnyvale to visit my sis and her family and we spent two  awesome fun filled days there... I had the most fun time playing with my niece and nephew and chatting away with my sis!! I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend the weekend.. although we were planning to go there this weekend but it wasn't sure till the last moment!!

On google tour!! hubby with  nephew!!

My sis and my cute niece!!!


I hope the title for this post is justified..!!


This Weekend was one to remember for sure!!!! Enough about me.. how did you people spend your weekend???
Linking up with The Weekend File

18 comments:

  1. Looks like you're very blessed indeed! Lovely post!

    Alexandra xo

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! And so romantic! You are truly blessed :) And hope it remains that way forever :)

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was so full of love and romance...must say.loved reading ur post.
    d bows n cut outs u made and d planted tulip he got...very thoughtful!
    nice post...

    http://myfashionbaye.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe this is such an adorable post, you seemed to have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww ! How adorable is ur niece,and I love those heart cut outs ! U r a genius ,no wonder !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwhh ! This post was a great read. love it..
    xoxo <3

    www.littlemisssinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, I love thin mints. I just got myself a box too!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures, I love Robert M. wine! I also have been there to visit!
    Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww what a darling post - you are blessed indeed :)

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great weekend and I love thin mint cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mehak..u r one lucky wife!! I like your blog..its interesting to see what inspires you and how you like to style outfits:-)
    Thanks for visiting my blog n leaving a comment..i'm following you now via GFC..follow back if you like

    xx
    Kalyani
    klassystylefiles.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such nice pics, it looks like you had such an amazing day! Thanks for the comment on my blog, I have a new post I think you would like! :-)
    www.whatwillshwear.blogspot.com

    Danie B

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow..you had such an amazing weekend!! Such sweet and romantic gesture by your guy:-) Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a wonderful weekend Mehak! Its a long time dream to visit the Napa Valley, hopefully I get to it soon :) looks like its a fun place from your pics :)
    ~ashy
    http://thezingofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! :)