Pages

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Friday, February 22, 2013

A Heart to Mend : Book Review

This is my first book review for 2013..

Book Review for February..



Title : A Heart to Mend
Author : Myne Whitman
Published by : Author House
Genre : Romantic
Pages : 250

My Rating  : **** and a half

My Review

Baseline : A Love story!!

Well February is the month of love.. So, I had to give a review of a book with a beautiful love story. Set in Lagos, Nigeria.. This tale is about a girl from a small town.. She is beautiful, intelligent and wants to stand on her feet, help and support her family. Her family went through a difficult time after the death of her father. She is the first one to step out of the house and make a living for herself. Love is not even a thought in her mind.. until she meets the handsome businessman Edward Bestman.. First time in town and Edward gives her a lift to her aunt's place and after dropping her off can't stop thinking about her or I should say falls in love with her.. which he himself is not able to understand!! He has gone through a lot in his life and has a lot of trust issues.. Building up a relationship with Gladys seems to have it's ups and downs especially when the story takes a twist and a turn and Gladys is accused of ruining Edward's business which he started from scratch and has put in his life's work!! 

This is a book you just can't put down.. The author has given such fine details of the business and the financial world as well as the emotional aspect of what goes through the character's mind!! Both the characters have absolutely different personalities but are extremely likeable! Loved reading this simple yet creatively written book by Myne Whitman, it being her debut novel!!

This book was sent to me by a dear friend Vaishnavi.. she has a lovely blog "a one cent life" and one of the most active person on instagram!! She recently got engaged and I wanna extend a heartiest Congratulations to her!!!
Thank you so much for recommending this book to me!!

If you people get a chance go ahead read the book or if you want an ebook version just drop me an email or leave a comment and your email address below and I would be happy to send it to you!!







10 comments:

  1. Seems a nice book. Would definitely grab one, coz I love 'Love Stories' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a great book. Will read for sure. Very nice review.

    New post up
    http://www.coralsandcrimsons.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE reading book reviews because it gives me motivation to start reading again, THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great novel! Though I'm not so much of a romantic novel reader, but a little romance at times don't hurt!!;))
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could use a new book and this one sounds great! Thanks for the suggestion :)

    Alexandra xo

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey .. thanks for the review. WIll definitely check this book out :) I love books .. so I will always be happy when you suggest different books!

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. if u really like reading, i recommend u read The oath of the Vayuputras by Amish. It s just released. M sure u will thank me..its is such a fine book.


    Aditi
    So-Saree
    www.sosaree.blogspot.in
    NEw Post up

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to put this on my list of books to read!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. As mentioned above .. thanks for the review :)

    You have been nominated for an award. Please check my blog for details!

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!!! you have won an award. Visit thedocndiva.com for details.

    <3 from: www.thedocndiva.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! :)